About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Yes, I am a batch blogger!


Ok, so life is hectic lately at the Duffy house. This means that I have to save up my blog thoughts and then blog like a crazy blog addict when I can squeeze it in. The result? What I have dubbed Batch Blogging! What are we so busy with you might be wondering?

Here goes:
- Daniel is still on the evening shift, so I am home alone with James 4 nights a week (but we are doing AWESOME at this and are blessed that we both have good jobs in this scary economy)

- The Math TAKS test (big state test) is less than a month away! YIKES! Plus, my job continues to have unrealistic expectations about exactly what one can do in a 24 hour period. But I love it and those crazy kids I am lucky enough to teach everyday.

- We are moving rooms around in our house...getting rid of a guest room and creating a play room and a nursery. This means that I have to let go of my pack rat ways and part with cherished items such as broken Halloween decorations from the mid 1980s and settle on light fixtures and paint colors. Hard for a pregnant woman to do!

-Oh, yes. That reminds me.....I am 18 weeks pregnant. Need I say more?

- We live with a 14 month old who is the most energetic, curious, messy, stubborn and achingly sweet person we have ever met. This means we spend much of our days chasing, playing with toys, singing songs, reading books, taking walks, tickling, bathing, dressing, diapering, feeding, going to the park, visiting friends, arranging playdates, saying no, distracting, redirecting, kissing and hugging.....all for 27 lbs of pure sweetness.

There are lots of other things, such as my desire to tackle other home improvement projects, finish James' first year scrapbook, and cook two dinners from scratch each week (while trying to hide veggies in them....thank you Deceptively Delicious, and freezing half for later on......thank you OAMC) that keep me on my toes. So, here are a few more pics we have snapped lately of the BEST thing going on in our life - JAMER!


Getting into the drawer....well, trying hard to. Thank goodness for latches!

What happened to the knob? We have to hide it because SOMEONE likes to start the dishwasher.

Looking at one of his favorite books in a quiet moment at our house.

Oh James! You melt my heart!

0 comments:

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!