About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009


Today has been a wonderful Mother's Day! It was my first Mother's Day to spend with James and we made the most of it! Last year I was in the hospital dealing with meningitis and other yucky stuff and missing James so much I could not stand it. Daniel was bound and determined that we would cram in as much fun as possible today to make up for last year. I would say he succeeded!

This morning we started out with a delicious breakfast made by Daddy. It included chocolate chip belgian waffles, sausage, eggs and fresh-squeezed OJ from the juicer. Then Mommy got a pedicure which she enjoyed so much. After that, we all loaded up and headed for an afternoon at the Ft. Worth zoo. I have just had the best time! Today was so special....I know I will always remember it. The best gift I could get though I have already received....becoming a mother!

Here are some pictures from the zoo......








He fell asleep about 5 minutes after we left the zoo.....so sleepy!

4 comments:

Cowtown Camera Girl said...

Isn't the zoo great! We should go together sometime this summer. It's right by our new house. Even closer than we are now! In addition to seeing all the wonderful animals there it's also opened up lots of new vocabulary words for Ezra. He knows lots of animals now! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Lauren, Daniel, James and baby Brendan. said...

Nell, that sounds fun! Doesn't the zoo have a half-price day? We also need to make another trip back to the Modern. James is going to take the Music Class from TCU so we might have to meet up for dinner sometime soon!

Cowtown Camera Girl said...

Oh how fun on the music class! We are hoping to take one too. I haven't scheduled it yet but we'll probably do an evening class again so Logan can join us.

Half price day at the zoo is on Wednesdays. I've also got a thing with my membership where guests get $3 off if they go with me. Don't think it works with the Wednesday thing though.

And we would love to try out the museums again! You just let us know when you want to come out to Fort Worth! I am excited about summer!

Ali said...

Looks like fun times! Happy mother's day!

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!