About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Really?

So I was chatting with a friend about a popular mommy blog......some hate it, some love it. I admit, I check in on this blog with part disgust and part sheer amazement and awe. Is this lady for real? Today the world wide web got an update on what she ate for lunch. Complete with photo. And wait for it! There were over 100 comments on it. (Have I ever posted something pointless like this on FB? Guilty as charged. But I promise I have never blogged on something so dumb, or photographed it either!) Really people? Really?! Well, anyway, got me to thinking about some of these bloggers. How the heck do you have 4, 5, 6 or (gasp!) more kids and manage to find your laptop, let alone sit down and have enough quiet moments strung together to type out not one single coherent sentence, but write out virtual short stories more than once a day? Oh, and update us on Twitter too? I don't get it. I am lucky to squeeze in the blogs I manage and I feel like they are dreadfully boring in comparison to some of the stuff out there. I am not so much into tooting my own horn as just sharing what's new with us in case anyone was wondering. I try to keep it upbeat, but not too proud to tell you that right now I have dirty dishes in my sink and a toddler in need of an attitude adjustment. So if you are reading this blog from a "normal" mom of two who works hard, both in the home and out of it, and likes regular people stuff, then I am glad! If you are looking for a SUPER-MOM who makes all the family clothes, bakes gluten-free bread daily, keeps kids in the family bed for more than 6 months, doesn't use 409, crashes at relatives houses to save money, home-schools, produces a number of kids to make Octo-Mom envious, you've come to the wrong place. Those people ARE fascinating, but that ain't me! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. I have to tell you, i much prefer your blog over this other "popular mommy blog" you speak of.

Kelli

Lil Eskimo said...

now you have me curious. i have no idea who it is!!

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!