About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Long Time No Blog!





Wow! We have been busy around here! I thought that once school was out I would be able to get so much stuff done! Well, boy was I wrong. It has been a slow go but we are getting there. I have been having some major nesting going on. I feel the need to get the whole house, every nook and cranny, organized. It is taking me much longer then when I got the house ready for James' arrival because now I have an 18 month old "helper". The nursery is getting closer to being done, but our to-do list is still long. I went into labor again last Thursday and they were able to stop it for a second time. I will be 34 weeks on Sunday and we go to the doctor Monday for another ultrasound to see how big Brendan is now. Almost 3 weeks ago, he was estimated to weigh 5 lbs 1 oz so I am sure it is getting closer to 6 lbs now. Hope to hear some news about when we can expect our little man to arrive. No one thinks I will make it until August. My mom dreamed the baby is coming July 15th so we will see!

Two weeks ago James got sick and we had to take him to the emergency room at Cook's Children and also to Urgent Care. Poor baby was really constipated to a point that he had impacted bowel and had to undergo some unpleasant procedures. He was a tough little guy but for about 10 days he was just not himself. He has been off of dairy and bananas pretty much for 2 weeks (we did try one ounce of cheese and 8 oz. of milk) and that has been hard. The doctors told us to give him 8 oz of undiluted juice daily and increase his fiber. We are also having to give him Miralax every few days. We take him for his 18 month check up Friday and hope the doctor gives us some ideas on how we can slowly reincorporate dairy into his diet. I know he misses it!

An exciting development here is that James has really started saying so many words! Every day it seems like he learns a new word. He is also able to point to his nose, ears, mouth, belly, hair and feet. He's learning his shapes and says and identifies circles and ovals all over the place. We are working on triangles now. Here is a list of all the words James is saying: Daddy, Momma, Granddada, kitty, Tucker (comes out like "Cucker"), cross, out, go, tree, water tower (comes out like "wawa"), ball, circle, oval, balloon (comes out like "boon"), flag, car, truck, eat, blue, dog, baby, feet, shoes, pigges (for toes) and bird. I am sure there are some more, but those are the main ones coming to mind. We are working REALLY hard on Nana! :-)

These pictures are of James helping Daniel with Brendan's room.

0 comments:

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!