About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Friday, July 24, 2009

The Latest at Our House

So yesterday, I was one week from my labor induction date and I felt sick, really sick. Daniel and I had been out running errands and trying to take care of last minute things since we had a babysitter and would not have childcare again until after Brendan is born. We went on one last "date day" and went to lots of places to get things we needed to get. But the whole day I was feeling so bad, like I just wanted to crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head. Last night I decided to go to one of those Urgent Care places in the evening so I could go alone and not have to drag James with me. I have had to take him to the doctor with me and it was not fun at all. So I get to the clinic and wait and then find out that I have tonsilitis, an ear infection, a sinus infection and strep throat. YUCK! All I could think of was how sick I was with bronchitis when James was born and how much harder it made everything. I was also thinking, wow this kid wants to be just like his big brother and make his debut while his poor mom feels like crap! I got some medicine and after okaying it with my OB, I started it today. Even though they okayed it, I have opted not to take the steroids prescribed for the inflammation because it could potentially interfere with breast feeding once B is born.

So even though I end up getting sick at the worst possible time, I really have to count my blessings. I still have a week to get better and my dad came to take care of me. Daniel has to work and I honestly am not up to the task of caring for James. Being sick so close to my due date in the middle of summer is taking its toll on me. Everything hurts! But my dad came to the rescue! I don't think it matters how old you get, it always feels great to know you can make one phone call and know that your parent will come running to take care of you. My wonderful dad got up at 3:30am this morning and drove up to Fort Worth from Houston. He watched James, and went to the grocery store (with James) and made me homemade chicken soup. Is that a great dad or what? He is staying the whole weekend to help me so that I am able to sleep a lot and rest. My blood pressure is elevated from being sick and I am supposed to take it really easy. My dad being here has allowed me to relax and I could not appreciate it more.

James is just being the sweetest thing giving lots of hugs and cuddles. He had a difficult weekend and was very grouchy. I think he might have actually been under the weather or just experiencing really bad teething pains, because he was MEGA GROUCH! He is back to his sweet self and I am so glad. I hate seeing him out of sorts. It is really pitiful and can be really overwhelming to deal with his tantrums. He really can throw some major ones sometimes! But anyway, he seems to be back to normal and is being great for my dad.

Well, I better head off to bed. I need to be getting all the rest I can now before our baby makes his debut. I CANNOT WAIT TO MEET HIM AND HOLD HIM IN MY ARMS! The anticipation is so great I can't put it into words.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Aww Big Neal is the sweetest daddy ever :-) I'm so glad he could come and take care of you! I hope you're feeling better...tomorrow is the big day!!

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!