About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

I want awfuls!


Every weekend we wake to a chorus of "I want awfuls!". Of course, James is talking about waffles but making "awfuls" is extra fun. We used to just pop a frozen waffle into the toaster and call it breakfast. But a couple of weeks ago we came home to find a large box on our doorstep. Because we were so darn excited, and because let's face it, it wasn't a bill, we opened the box with a pair of garden shears right in the garage and found a...........Waring Pro Professional Double Waffle Maker! Well, who would send such a thoughtful gift? Who would know how much James loves his "awfuls"? Who would know that I love new kitchen gadgets? My dad of course! The card read simply, "Surprise! Love, Daddy". That's how we roll in this family! :-)



Well, every weekend since the Most Awesome Waffle Maker Ever Sold arrived on our front porch we have been living it up with homemade waffles. James is even more excited about these and it is easy to see why. The waffles come out one inch thick! My dad also ordered us some waffle mix and it is delish! Today I added blueberries to mine, but all three of my boys are purists so I went with the regular belgian waffle for them. James can polish off an entire waffle and Brendan is not far behind. He can manage to eat half, which is the same amount that I have been able to eat. These things are huge!


This morning, in the great spirit of blogging, I decided to chronicle the Adventure of the Awful. I can tell Daniel just totally gets me when I ask for my camera amidst breaking eggs and beating batter. He's a good man. So now, before I clear the table and while I can hear the three most important people in my life laughing down the hall, I say thanks to my dad for such a great gift and for the memories I am now making with my own family! You are wonderful and mean so much to us! And I promise you, my sons will leave this house knowing how to cook! LOVE YOU DADDY!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! Great post! What time are "awfuls" served? We will be there!

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!