About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cabin Fever!

As some of you might know, I had surgery last week and I am under strict orders not to lift James. So James has been hanging out with his babysitter during the day and I am so lonesome for him! And talk about the cabin fever! WOW! I am using the time to recuperate but it is hard being without my little guy. I did scrapbook a little today but it is so quiet around here without J. Kudos to Daniel for jumping into the role of Mr. Mom so well. I am a lucky woman! Thanks to everyone who called or messaged me to check on me. I am feeling a lot better each day and expect to feel back to normal soon.

Our 4th of July was very low key since I was just getting home from the hospital that afternoon. Daniel did grill some french onion burgers which tasted great and we watched some nice fireworks from our front yard. My mom and dad were in town to help with James while I was in the hospital and hung around a few extra days. We always love getting to see them.

Some updates on James..... At his 6 months appointment a couple of weeks ago he weighed 20 lbs and was 27.5 inches long. For those of you who follow the blog you might remember he was near this length 2 months ago. Well, the doctor thinks the nurse measured him wrong last time or that he barely grew in length in two months. We are not sure. Either way he is still in the 75 - 90th percentile for height and weight. James can now sit up alone and has gotten really good balance all of a sudden. As far as the sign language goes, we are really throwing a lot of new signs at him. It is much easier now that he can sit up. Many of the signs require two hands and are impossible to do when you are holding a baby. James signed "food" the other day just out of the blue when my mom was eating lunch. We were impressed! Speaking of food, he continues to love his baby food and is getting ready for finger foods. The other day at lunch he pulled my bowl of soup toward him and often tries to reach for silverware and pieces of food. He is really into playing with his toys and his new walker which has a bounce feature that he enjoys. He just bounces and bounces. He is on the verge of crawling and it will be any day now....once he can figure out how to move forward instead of backward we are in trouble! I am sure one of our next posts will be to report that he is officially on the move!

Going to run for now and check on our little guy in bed. How many times a night do we parents do this?!?

0 comments:

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!