About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Yay For Scrub-A-Dub Cleaning!

Wow Momma, I can crawl everywhere and it's all so clean! AMAZING!





After thinking about it for some time, we hired a cleaning service for once I return to work in a couple of weeks. They came today for the initial cleaning and WOW! A totally clean house! Oh, how long it has been since I have seen this place so spic and span. I struggled with the decision because I tend to think I can do everything perfectly myself, no matter how much I have on my plate. I am not the best at asking for help and not even so great at admitting I need it.

Well, I am slowly learning that I cannot do it all and that it does not make me a bad wife, mother, etc. The crucial thing is realizing what your priorites are and making sure that you have time to spend enjoying what is most important to you. My priority is about two and a half feet tall with a heartwarming laugh, curious nature, little chubby hands and eyelashes to die for. Any extra time with him is worth all the money in the world.

Having someone in charge of the heavy duty cleaning will free up so much time for me and make the transition back to work easier for James and myself(hopefully!). I came across this poem tonight and I feel so grateful that my load is lightened. It leaves more time for our family to hang out and to make special memories with the Jamer!

Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth
empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
hang out the washing and butter the bread,
sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
and out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
but I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue?
(lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton


James checking out our super clean kitchen.

James-tested, Mother-approved!

0 comments:

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!