About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wishing He Had Teeth....


A few weeks ago, we made a quick trip to my hometown, Alvin, to eat some great Bar-B-Q. It all started because we were in Houston for my cousin's baby shower. While we down there, we also got together with our long-time family friends Lynn and Louis. It was the first time James had met the Lanham's and after checking out their beautiful new house in Rosharon, we hopped in the car to head for Joe's. Joe's Bar-B-Q has legendary food! We went there when I was growing up all the time. It was not uncommon during the 1980s to see Nolan Ryan, the famous Astros pitcher, dining with his own family at the table right next to your own. It's a cool place with wood floors, walls and exposed rafters. No matter how long it has been since you have been there it always looks and tastes the same! I even recognized a person who had been working there since I was a little kid. Everywhere you look you see some kind of Texas decoration covering every wall or a tribute to Nolan Ryan, Alvin's biggest claim to fame. You go through the line cafeteria style and place your order, but not before you pass right under this scary stuffed boar thing that has been scaring me for the last 27 years! I think this could be because my dad used to lift me up next to its hideous snarling face! Thanks Dad! James seemed unfazed by this specimen of taxidermy gone wrong. After we got all settled at our table, I noticed something. I just know James was really wishing he has some teeth because he was eyeing my Loaded Baked Potato with Brisket (the same thing I have ordered EACH and EVERY time I have visited Joe's). He sat in a high chair at a resteraunt for the first time ever and ate his baby food like a good sport while we all enjoyed our grown up food. That was quite the big deal because he was finally able to really join the family at meal time instead of sitting in his stroller. We are already planning a trip back to Alvin to visit Joe's next summer so James can try some brisket and some of the tasty fruit cobbler that follows every meal at this local favorite hang out.

What a big boy!


A quick hug from Nana during lunch.....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great it's 9 am and I am so hungry for Joe's. May have to take the fam there for dinner tonight. YUM

Amy

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!