About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Message From God



Yesterday I had a VERY hard time at work because I was missing James a lot. I was not feeling so great, and I was feeling overwhelmed with everything I am learning at my new job. Suddenly, I just really wanted to be home with James. The closest thing I can relate it to is severe and sudden homesickness. It was swallowing me up! I just wanted to be where he was. Well, I have to work, so I prayed and prayed and tried to keep in mind how fortunate we are as a family. It didn't matter what positive things I thought of. I was in a sad mood and determined to stay that way all day.

When I woke up this morning, a sense of dread filled me because I knew it would be another long day without James. How I was missing those long and lazy summer days with my boy! At school, I attended a prayer group and told them about my dilemma and asked for prayers. After hearing other's personal concerns, it put things in perspective. During the prayer, I was lifted up! My day at work was AWESOME!

This evening, a funny thing happened. No, funny isn't the word but it was an interesting lesson. I came home from work with James in tow, after running errands and stopping by the library, to discover I had a sick cat - what seemed to be a very, very sick cat. We got him to the emergency vet and spent some time there. The cat, who looked like he was on his death bed earlier, was fine. 100% fine! Yes, I am serious! After loading the not sick cat and my very tired baby into the car, I knew that James would fall asleep on the way home. I realized I had not had any meaningful time to really to hang out with him today. Instead of being sad, I realized getting into the car that this was a clear message from God to remind me how lucky I am to spend the amount of quality time I normally do with my baby everyday. We really do make the most of every moment together! It was literally a light bulb moment in my life! One of those I know I will remember always, the way the wind was blowing my hair when the idea hit me, and the way the sun was making a beautiful sunset at the same time, the sweet smell of James as I buckled him into his car seat. Some women only get to spend the amount of time with their babies that I spent with James today, every day. How blessed I am, and how grateful I must be for it.

It is time to quit my negative thinking, and get back to counting my blessings. The biggest one I have ever received is becoming James' mother. So, the moral of the story is this....God has a way of getting your attention, and He answers your prayers. So prayer works, even if you have to have a "sick" cat, a $97 vet bill, and a vet who turns out to be a member of your church (seriously!!!) to help you realize how wonderful things already are!

0 comments:

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!