About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Trip to the Windy City


Jessica and I cheesing in front of Auerelio's.....the best pizza place in Homewood since 1959


After nine long years, I made a trip back to Illinois. I graduated from high school in Il. back in '99 after living there for a total of 5 years combined (6th & 7th grade, and again in 10th-12th grade). Some of you might know that Il. was not my favorite place. Living there was just not for me.....too big, too cold and too un-Southern! But I had a great reason to go back. I made the trip to see my best and longtime friend Jessica Abbott. She has been to visit us each and every year since high school graduation. What a trooper! Now that I have successfully overcome my fear of flying and had some free time, I just had to head up North for a visit. It was the first of what will be an annual trip to the big city!



A view of the Sear's Tower from aboard our architectural boat tour through the city.


Thank you Jessica for a wonderful time this past weekend. It was awesome! We always have such a great time together no matter what we are doing. I am lucky to have you in my life and even luckier that you are James' godmother!

My time staying in Jessica's new Chicago loft was very cool! I had a wonderful time seeing the sights, visiting my old neighborhood and most of all just catching up with Jessica and her husband Chris. We are planning our next visit already so our hubby's have a chance to meet. Next summer's agenda hopefully will include a cruise together with this fun couple. The only thing that would have made my trip to the Windy City better was having Daniel and James along.....I sure was lonesome for the two special men in my life! Chicago was fun, but I am glad to be home, sweet home.


Dessert at Francesca's on Taylor in Little Italy. This place was sooooo yum! The food was so fresh and delicious....they have a different menu each night.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you had a great time! You and Jessica look beautiful!!

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!