About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Say Bye Bye Hernia!









I have hernia repair surgery scheduled for next Thursday November 5th. They say it is about a two week recovery time which means that if I go back after exactly two weeks it would be the day before Thanksgiving break. My school seems to feel that I will be coming back after Thanksgiving break (we get the whole week off). That means another whole month off. Not sure how I feel about this. I had psyched myself up for returning November 9th. This sort of makes me feel off balance and I will have to psych myself up all over again. The part of me that enjoys paying my mortgage is a little nervous. Hope my disability pays what they should for this! James and Brendan will be starting daycare full time on the day I was to resume working originally (if not a couple of days sooner). I literally will not know what to do with myself home alone. I will not be able to lift anything for a while so that is why they have to go. Sad. I think I will be pretty lonely without my boys. Maybe I can take that time and get some photo books designed. That could probably keep me pretty busy. Anywho, glad to get this thing fixed up although I am uneasy about it. I've had lots of surgeries and usually I am a champ at it. But since becoming a mother the whole thing makes me a nervous wreck. It's just different now. I actually told Daniel last night that I had changed my mind and that I could just live with it. He told me no way jose! I know he is right, but I am scared. So next week, please think of me and send up some prayers for me. Although totally unrelated to this post, I am including a rather random collection of photos I've taken lately. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Man! Good luck with the surgery! Take care!

Lauren, Daniel, James and baby Brendan. said...

Thanks girl! I found out since this post that the recovery time might be 4 weeks instead of 2. :-( I sure hope not.

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!