About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Friday, October 2, 2009

lucky me.....

Today I have been hanging out with my boys! We have been having so much fun! Being home alone (gasp!) with both of them used to seem like a daunting task. How would I ever do it? Would James get jealous? Would he choose not to cooperate at the most crucial of times? Would Brendan cry while I had my hands full? Well the answers to these questions are yes, yes and yes! But little did I know that before long we would develop a schedule that works for us. It is getting easier even though some days are just plain hard. Running things on a schedule sounds rigid but planning and routine are the name of the game at the Duffy house. Good news is that toddlers LOVE routine. It allows us to all hang out together and for each of my kiddos to get their own special one on one time. Once I go back to work we will have to tweak it. But as Ginger (also known as Super Mom) reminded me, mothers have to take up the Boy Scout motto and "Be Prepared!". The fact that James is a MARVELOUS big brother helps. Jealous moments are few and far between I am glad to say. Brendan wins Baby of the Year Award and makes mothering two so much easier than I know it could be. There are still those days (ok, most days!) where I wait to hear the sound of the garage door opening (reinforcements have arrived!) but must admit that this fleeting alone time with my sons is a gift I treasure.

J and B are both sound asleep now so I am taking a few minutes to upload some pictures I took today. I know I have said this before, but I wish I could just freeze time. They are growing way too fast. James will be two before I know it and Brendan is almost 2 months old. Here is how we spent our morning:

We colored...


We played in the playroom...



We just hung out together....



and we made cookies!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute!

Amanda said...

this sounds like the most wonderful day ever! lauren i am so proud of you all the time i think you are a wonderful mommy and one day i hope to be a fraction of the mother you are. love you!

Lauren, Daniel, James and baby Brendan. said...

AWWWWW, Amanda! That is SO sweet! Thanks girlie.

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!