About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Brendan's 2 Month Well Baby Visit


We took Brendan for his check up today and here are his stats:
Weight: 11 lbs 7 oz (50th percentile)
Length: 23.75 inches (75th percentile)
Head Circumference: 16.25 inches (75th percentile)

He got a great check up and was such a little doll during the exam! He was so calm and sweet.....he just cooed and flashed his great grin at the doctor. He received two immunizations today and only cried for one. What a champ!

I noticed that Brendan had only gained 6 oz in the last month and the doctor said that right now he is "slow to gain". She is not worried about his current size at all, just that he has gained less than half a pound in a month. He is still nursing exclusively and the doctor wants me to stick with it without supplementation. We will go back in one month for a weight check and go from there.

One other thing is that Sweet B has an umbilical hernia (just like mommy!). It is pretty large but we are going to keep an eye on it. Most heal up by the second birthday. Doc says that it is not painful like one in an adult. If he doesn't close up by his second birthday it might require surgical repair but we feel pretty confident it will fix itself over time.

James went along and got his flu shot. Poor thing! He hated it! I treated him to a sugar cookie after we left the doctor's. We are giving the kiddos tylenol and rubbing their little legs. Oh the things we have to do to keep our babies safe!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Poor little things with all those shots! I got one too and wish my mommy was here to pamper me! Haha!

Lana said...

I was nursing Jamie when he got his and he screamed bloody murder for about two minutes then went right back to eating! The pediatrician had me get some Ledum tablets to give him instead of Tylenol (we go to a "hippie" pediatrician practice; Love it!), but he was so good after the shot you'd never know he'd gotten one if it wasn't for the Band-Aid! I'll probably need a treat after my flu shot, too... :)

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!