About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The 5 Ws of Our Man on the Move


WHO: Brendan Neal Duffy, also known as "B"

WHAT: Crawled for the very first time!

WHERE: Big brother's bedroom

WHEN: About 7:00pm on April 16, 2010

WHY: to get the the train set that he has had his eye on for months!

I sat Brendan in the middle of the bedroom floor with a baby toy while I was getting Jamer into his jammies. We were having a "conversation" with our babbling baby and I turned back to look at him and he was gone! I looked the other way and there he was.....sitting in the middle of the Geotrax train tracks! I was pretty sure he had crawled because he got there so quick. So I picked him up and put him back in the middle of the floor, and there he went crawling over to the train again. I cried! Tears of joy. Tears of pride. Tears of relief. My little baby is growing so fast and meeting his milestones. Let me say that again, just because it feels SO WONDERFUL to type it....MEETING HIS MILESTONES! Each time he meets a motor development milestone I catch myself sighing a big sigh and some of the worry that has been bearing down on me since my second trimester of pregnancy is lifted. Looks like Brendan is continuing right on track (ha ha, the track, as in train track! Pun intended!) ! AMAZING! Thank You Lord for keeping our sweet boy safe. Thank You for this healthy, energetic, precious baby. I am getting teary now thinking about it, about all we were told MIGHT happen, and what all we are blessed enough to WITNESS happening.

When I was sure he was really crawling, I ran to get the flip and the camera and we had a re-enactment of the big event. So these pictures were taken within a couple of minutes of his crawling debut. I wish I had the flip handy the very first time because when he was sitting the middle of the train set, he managed to turn the train on and operate it with the remote. Priceless! I guess he has really been watching his bubba. I will post the video soon, but for now here are a couple of pictures of B on the move!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Brendan! I can't believe how big you are getting!

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!