About Our Blog

Thanks for visiting! I created this blog to share updates on my family and how grateful we are for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I am happily married and the busy working mommy of two very active little boys. We enjoy raising our family and making memories together. I blog about the ordinary adventures of family life and my many other mommy-interests.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

When "Cheese" Is Not Enough

We met George and Bethany in Grapevine for lunch this past Saturday. We actually had brunch at Willhoites. Pretty tasty! James had an interesting meal: 3/4 of a Belgian waffle, a beet, some diced hardboiled egg, red jello and a tiny pickled corn on the cob (like in stirfry). Hey, it's what he picked out. Who am I to judge? Brendan tried mash potatoes, but didn't really dig 'em. I guess he will be my picky eater. It seems as though every mom should have at least one.

We walked around after lunch to see the sights. Very cute stuff in historic Grapevine! I found a fabulous little wine bar that I would like to visit some time when we have a date night. A craft show was going on too out there which was nice. Tried to snap some pictures when we took a break by the fountain. As you can see, Brendan still cooperates with Mommy for picture taking. And you can see that James is SOOO over the pictures. "Say Cheese" doesn't cut it. This kid has hated pictures since I can remember. Brings to mind these Oaxacan natives I met who thought taking the pictures took a part of you. Thanks for doing your best to get J to smile George and Bethany. You are real troopers! Can't wait to see you again! George, aren't you excited to come put the swing set together?! What an awesome godfather you are!

Well, that is not exactly what I had in mind.....



You can see Daniel is sort of over this little attempt of mine! Notice that happy face he has on?!


Ok James, when you are 10 years old don't ask me where you were on this fine day. My answer will be "cropped out of the photo"!

0 comments:

About Our Family

In a nutshell, we're a family that is all about having fun and spending time together. Our family is made up of Daniel, Lauren, James and Brendan. We share our home with our orange tabby Tucker and our lab-mix Cheesecake. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in December 2010. . We thank God for all the blessings he has given us and never forget we have been given amazing gifts in our children. We love how blogs let us stay connected with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by to check out what is new with us!